Blog Archive

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Knitting and Kittens

Paddy went for his "Kitten Check" today - some kitten! He is just 6 months old and weighs in at 11lb already! He totally charmed the staff at the surgery, scarfed down a whole load of cat treats and was so incredibly relaxed and laid back about the whole visit that I wondered whether his mother had dropped him on his head when he was really little! I'm not sure he'll be so enthusiastic on his next visit (in about 4 months, when he goes for the snip-snip).

I had planned to warp up the loom with some purple Jaeger cotton tonight - the weft will be the banana yarn - but I left it a bit late and had a pile of ironing to do, so that will happen over the weekend. In the meantime, I have started a scarf from my cousin's 4ply Shetland wool (carded and spun for her by the Natural Fibre Company in Launceston). It is a traditional Old Shale pattern, which seems appropriate for the Shetland wool but needs a little bit of concentration. I'll post a photo when I have done a few more pattern repeats.

I am also painting dolly pegs and putting little white spots on them - hopefully these will be good enough for my cousin's Christmas Craft Fair. They do look rather pretty, even unvarnished (I'm using acrylic paint and they will need to be "waterproofed" in case folk decide to use them outside).

So many projects, so little time to do 'em in!

No comments:

Post a Comment