Blog Archive

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Doing a happy dance..........

Because my weaving book arrived today and the lovely delivery man left it in the porch for me! I haven't had a real chance to get into it yet but I think it is going to be both inspirational AND educational!

I have finally taken a picture of my dotty pegs - I think they look quite pretty. Ah well, if they don't sell I'll simply keep them for myself LOL!


As for the spinning and weaving, the Jaeger Aqua Cotton is weaving up as a very open weave but I still adore the colour!
Paddy likes to sit with me when I'm spinning!
A closer look at the Jaeger Aqua

I'm currently spinning some caramel-brown Shetland and loving it! It really does spin out beautifully fine too, and there was me wondering if I'd ever be able to spin yarn without whopping great lumps in it!


I am in two minds over this single - I have some creamy white Shetland that I could spin and then ply with this one for a two-tone effect, or I could simply spin another bobbin of this colour and make caramel coloured yarn. Decisions, decisions.........................

Time for a cup of tea and a chance to look at my new book before bed, I think................

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pam! Am open mouthed in wonder at your weaving (AND your pegs!). I'm so impressed!! But I want to know what you're going to rustle up with the results??? Hope you and K are fine xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue
    Thanks for posting a comment - I was beginning to feel a bit silly, posting purple prose into the ether!
    Update YOUR blog, girl.......I want to see what you've been making!
    Have also been reading Tom's blog - impressed much!
    At the moment, the weaving is mostly - scarves - LOL, but the loom is 32" wide, so there are other possibilities, given enough yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL had forgotten I'd even started a blog!! Yes, Tom's is quite funny occasionally although he does have a weird outlook on life and sometimes gets a bit near the mark.

    Keep forgetting my password hence the gaps in posting, but am trying to commit it to memory, sigh. Don't like getting older :(

    Scarves sound great, at least you have Christmas presents sorted :) no time for sewing here at the moment, sadly, too busy scooting up and down motorways to visit ailing relatives. Hope to get back on track soon though. Love to all xxx

    ReplyDelete