Blog Archive

Monday 6 September 2010

Banana Fibre is a bear!

No, seriously! I tried using this stuff for the weft with a Jaeger cotton for the warp, but really hated what was coming out on the loom. So I "unwove" it, rolled it back up into a ball and am probably going to knit a bag from it.

Instead, I have the Jaeger cotton on the loom, both warp and weft, and have even attempted a bit of Leno Lace. The yarn is a lovely Royal Purple colour, with a slight sheen. It is weaving up in a rather "open" pattern, so it will be interesting to see whether is closes up when it is washed.

I have finished the painted pegs and am really rather pleased with them - I think that, tied in bundles of ten with some pretty ribbon, they would sell quite well (hope so, anyway).

As for the spinning, well, I have found that the Traditional with Scotch Tension is good for spinning merino/silk tops (much easier than my double drive Traveller for some totally unknown reason), so I have Shetland on the Traveller at the moment.

Amazon have just informed me that the weaving book I've been lusting after has been despatched via City Link. Which is fine, except that he usually comes after I've left for work :0(
I'll keep popping back, to see whether I can catch him, LOL! I NEED that book (Jane Patrick's "The Weaver's Idea Book - creative cloth on a rigid heddle loom).

Will now go and card some more Shetland for the wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment