Blog Archive

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Honey, lemon and whisky ROCKS!

I felt much more human today! I LOVE honey, lemon and whisky (the early night might have helped too, of course). There must be a bug going round, though - there are a lot of people sniffling in my vicinity!

I have finished the scarf. It ended up shorter than I'd anticipated, but I am really quite proud of my first effort, and would be happy to wear it (it must look reasonable then - I'm really picky about my "home made" efforts and if they don't look "right", they never see the light of day!).

The order that I placed with Scottish Fibres arrived today - two skeins of banana fibre in blue-purple and white, another ball of Ashford Tekapo in Aqua and a ball of the Ashford Random. The banana fibre is odd  - Carole had me spin some at my final lesson and it is strange, silky stuff; I found it tricky to spin and ended up spinning it semi-worsted. These skeins are a lovely colour, with a subtle sheen and are destined to become the weft for another weaving project (yes, probably a scarf, LOL). I have some Jaeger cotton yarn which will do nicely for the warp and rather than try anything clever, I think I'll just weave it as simply as possible and let the banana fibre speak for itself.

I have so many projects that I want to get moving on - I need a few more hours in the day and more days in the week, really. And I have a positive Everest of ironing to get through too, *sigh*! Will HAVE to start that tomorrow, as I am seriously running out of T-Shirts for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment