Blog Archive

Sunday 29 August 2010

Stupid summer cold!

I woke this morning feeling horribly bunged up and slightly "spacey" - and concluded that, since I had done nothing to deserve this feeling on Saturday, I must have picked up a summer cold.

Rats!

We did go to "Wings and Wheels" at Dunsfold, though. This year, it is being held over two days; this could explain the absence of cars in the "Club" area. The Morgan Owners usually go and we had hoped to see them, although we no longer have our old Morgan, but perhaps they will be there on Monday instead.
Still, we saw the Vulcan flying, and my other two favourite planes (Spitfire and Hurricane). We left early and got caught in the rain about a mile from home (fortunately, we'd stopped at Sainsbury's in Farnham and put the hood up on the Z3 or we'd have been drenched).

I think I need to catch some zzzzzzs. Thank goodness tomorrow isn't a work day!

I did manage to ply off the merino/silk blend this afternoon - it is definitely another one of my "specials", LOL! I have some other yarns of a similar weight, so they may all come together in the next weaving project.

We watched "The Golden Compass" on DVD this evening (from LoveFilm). This is the second DVD of this film that we've had from them and the soundtrack on both was decidedly "iffy". Constant crackling sound - most off-putting.

I took the opportunity this time to study some of the lovely knitted garments used in the film - I'm pretty sure that there are patterns on Ravelry (Lyra's hat for example, which looked as though it could be knitted from Rowan Country. I have a LOT of that yarn).

Tea and bed, I think! Or honey, lemon and whisky and bed - but definitely bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment