Blog Archive

Sunday 26 June 2016

Patiently waiting...

Rumour has it that the results for my latest module (EA300, Children's Literature) may be released earlier than 15th July. This happened last year and I got the results on my birthday (9th July) which this year also happens to be my 60th!

I wish that I could say that I am quietly confident, but since this module could have quite an impact on my overall degree classification, the nerves have kicked in and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on the books for my final module (A334 - Shakespeare to Austen).

The books are, on the whole, interesting; three Shakespeare plays (As You Like It, Hamlet and Julius Caesar), Spenser's The Faery Queene, Kyd's The Spanish Tragedy, Moliere's Tartuffe, Wycherley's The Country Wife, then we have Arabian Night's Entertainment, Lady Mary Wortley Montagu's incomparable Turkish Embassy Letters (she's a hoot, loving that one!), Rousseau's Confessions (not looking forward to that so much), Swift's Gulliver's Travels and finally two Jane Austen novels - Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice. Once I get the module books, there will be reading there as well (poetry, mostly).

The main downer is that my lovely tutor, Beth, who has mentored me through A230 and EA300, will not be tutoring A334. She has always given incredibly detailed feedback on all our work, with great pointers for improvement and I will really miss her!

As for my 60th, we haven't got anything planned - if the weather is nice, we have a lot of beautiful places that we can visit; we are National Trust members and there are several lovely properties with inspiring gardens and we are also very close to  RHS Rosemoor

In the meantime, our own garden could do with a bit of TLC - watch this space!

The pond needs a bit of work and that conifer has GOT to go!

This is our 'Family Apple Tree', carrying three varieties:Christmas Cox, Scrumptious and Bramley apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment