Blog Archive

Thursday 1 May 2014

Well, I've decided................

I signed up yesterday to restart A230 (the compulsory module for my degree) and A215 (Creative Writing).

It was a no-brainer in the end - I hope to tutor students in English Literature and English Language and although Worlds of English looked fascinating, I felt that I would derive more benefit from Creative Writing and possibly enjoy it as a change from pure academic study.

So what am I doing now? Well, I deferred just before the need to submit TMA03 (Shelley) so have re-read that section of the course book and am launching myself in to Wuthering Heights. I will basically follow the module programme that I printed out from the StudentHome website before officially deferring, so by the October start date, I should have more or less caught up. I am hoping that by doing this, I might find running two modules in parallel less stressful.

I have a fair idea of what the Creative Writing module involves - the Facebook groups are incredibly helpful in this respect - it will be challenging but then, anything worthwhile usually is.

I could not be doing without the help of my husband. Kevin has always supported me in my decision to study, has put up with my occasional tantrums, my highs and lows, my exam panics and has never failed to tell me how very proud he is of my achievements so far. He has listened patiently to innumerable readings and re-readings of my assignment essays. When I do finally graduate some time in 2017, I really should share my BA with him - he will certainly have earned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment