Blog Archive

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Choosing OU Modules

Having deferred 'Reading and Studying Literature' (A230) until October, I am now faced with a decision to make regarding the module that will have to accompany it if I am to retain my Transitional Arrangements and graduate before the December 2017 cut-off date.

I would prefer whatever it is to be exam-free, which cuts down what I can do somewhat (really cannot see myself revising for two June exams).

So there are a couple of choices......

I could study 'Worlds of English' (U214) which, to quote from the OU Website,has the following scope:

This course looks at the history, diversity, and use of English around the world and explores the origins of the English language, how it has spread internationally and whether worldwide influence of English is a cause for celebration or concern.


Alternatively I could study 'Creative Writing' (A215) :

This practical creative writing module identifies your strengths and interests, and helps you develop as a writer of fiction, poetry, biography, autobiography or travel writing.


I am really not sure what to do at the moment - fellow students have been really helpful, especially one who is currently doubling up on A230 and A215, which she says requires less 'academic thought' and less reading than perhaps A230 and U214 would require.

I'm just not 100% sure about my Creative Writing skills; I have always been OK with academic subjects because there is a clear-cut pathway.

Gah! Well, I have until 24th April to decide, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment